We are very fortunate to grow our own asparagus, and so every spring we have TONS. This is one of the best recipes that we have tried so far. It is super-easy and FAST, so it is great for a last-minute side dish.
This recipe would feed four adults or two adults and three to four small children (we have one that will NOT touch asparagus. We are convinced he was switched at birth).
For roasting, the thicker asparagus works the best, so you can save your tender, thin pieces for a quick sauté.
You will need:
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 5-6 Tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash the asparagus thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Stack the spears together and cut off about an inch of the bottom.
- Drizzle a large, rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle more olive oil on top of the asparagus.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for about 10-15 minutes.
- You will want to brown the outside slightly, but not let the asparagus get too flimsy.
- Serve next to your favorite main dish.