Here are some of my favorite organizational tips.
- Make sure that you have a place for everything. This includes seasonal items.
- Get rid of the junk drawer! Or, if you absolutely have to have it, make sure that it is for more specific “junk,” and use a divider/drawer organizer to keep everything in its place.
- Put at least a small trash can in every room. This helps keep unnecessary piles from forming.
- Store extra sheets between the mattress and boxspring. This will free up valuable shelf space.
- Put a pretty shoe basket or chest by your front door. Have your kids get in the habit of always putting their shoes in it.
- Binders! I use binders with sheet protectors for everything. These work for take-out menus, instruction manuals, and recipes.